Laser cutting is a technology that uses a laser to slice materials. While typically used for industrial manufacturing applications, it is also starting to be used by schools, small businesses, and hobbyists.
Fiber lasers can cut copper, brass and aluminum much better and more safely than CO2 because the beam is more readily absorbed and not reflected. Fiber laser operating costs are typically half of what a CO2 system can offer due to the lower electrical consumption and high electrical efficiency of Fiber lasers.
Compare the processing characteristics of fiber laser cutting machine, CO2 laser cutting machine, and YAG solid laser cutting machine:
(1) Operational requirements and maintenance: CO2 lasers need to adjust the optical path, and the effect of the optical path adjustment will affect the cutting quality, so the operator needs to have certain technical requirements and need to maintain the external optical path; the YAG solid-state laser has obvious thermal lens effect, Frequent maintenance is required; fiber laser fiber transmission, adjustment-free, maintenance-free, high stability, and easier operation.
(2) Cutting speed and effect: The cutting speed of the fiber laser is 2-3 times that of the same power CO2 laser, especially in the cutting of thin metal plates. The cutting speed of the fiber laser cutting machine has obvious advantages in the three types of laser cutting machines. Fiber laser cutting machine has good beam quality, small cutting gap, and flat cutting edge.
(3) Material applicability and application industry: CO2 lasers are more widely applicable to materials, while fiber lasers are more applicable to metal materials including aluminum, copper and other highly reflective materials, which are more suitable for sheet metal manufacturing, 3C home appliance industry, and new energy industry. Processing requirements.
(4) Energy consumption and overall cost: The photoelectric conversion rate of fiber laser is more than 30%, the photoelectric conversion rate of the same power CO2 laser cutting machine is about 10%~15%, and the photoelectric conversion rate of solid laser is 3%. The power consumption of fiber laser is only 20-30% of the same power CO2 laser, and the overall cost is lower.
(5) The optical fiber is exported, so that the laser can be easily qualified for various multi-dimensional and arbitrary space processing applications, making the design of the mechanical system very simple.
(6) Competent in a harsh working environment, with high adaptability to dust, shock, impact, humidity and temperature.